It is time for monthly small goals!
It feels like every single month so far this year has been filled with unexpectedly challenging times. March was no different. I got sick multiple times (I think that stress has taken a toll on my immune system and general health) and continued to be with my family through my Mom's cancer journey. Then, the month finished with my Mema passing away and having her funeral on the very last day of March.
Life has been crazy this year, but I am entering into April with hopefulness. There is a good job prospect that may become a reality very soon, I am starting to think about the future and dream again, and my Mom is doing so incredibly well. Life feels like it is starting to transition into a bit more normalcy instead of being so chaotic. I am excited to see what this month holds.
Before I look ahead to this month's goals, I will reflect back on my March small goals.
3. Read at least two books. I did not achieve this goal last month. Between being sick and dealing with family stuff, I admittedly spent more time sleeping and watching Netflix than I spent reading.
Now for my April small goals!
1. Read at least two books. This goal didn't happen last month, but I would like to try it again in April!
2. Get back into a more regular workout routine. As soon as I am fully recovered from this nasty cold I've been fighting, I want to make it a priority to start exercising more regularly again. Exercise is one of the aspects that I unfortunately did not keep as a priority the last few months. I really believe getting back into a fitness routine will help improve my physical health as well as improve my stress levels.
3. Pay off my student loan from last year. With a combination of my tax return and some savings, I hope to pay off the loan that I took out last semester.
4. Be more intentional about taking time to be creative. Normally I am able to be creative through the good and difficult times of life, but last month especially I noticed that I was more likely to veg in front of digital entertainment than I was to take time to be creative. This month I would like to take more time for little creative moments. I want to return to more creativity during my week and remember how much joy creativity infuses into my life.
5. Have a self-portrait photo session. I recently went through some old photos and realized that just a few years ago I frequently had mini self-portrait sessions. I would dress in an outfit that made me feel great, grab my camera, collect a few props, and go outside and simply play in front of the camera. It has been an incredibly long time since I have done that and I think it would be a good way to reconnect with some of the simple joys of living.
Do you have any goals for March? If you do I would enjoy hearing about them and would encourage you to link up with Nicole over at Writes Like a Girl for her monthly small goals series.