Friday, April 1, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Mema...



Last week my Mema's health took a turn and so I went to give her one last kiss and one last, "I love you."A few days later on March 26th, Mema quietly left this world  in the early morning hours. When we received the news I cried, but I was thankful she was no longer in pain and that I had the chance to see her one last time.

Mema had Alzheimer's Disease and had fought for so many years. It is an incredibly difficult disease to watch progress and I imagine so much more difficult to live through. However, Mema was so very loved throughout the progression of the disease. Some of my favorite memories with her are musical. She sang so beautifully and played multiple instruments throughout her life. She taught me to love old hymns in a profound way. She amazed me when she continued to be able to sing those old songs even when so much of her other memories were gone. Yesterday, as we said the final goodbye, Amazing Grace echoed beautifully in the cemetery's stone memorial space. It is a moment I hope I will never forget.

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!