Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tuesday Threads: Velvet Suits...

Source 1, Source 2, Source 3, Source 4

Life lately has been a bit crazy. I have been sick with some sort of virus for a week now. While being sick I am still having to learn to deal with other life issues and struggles as they come up in my life and the lives of those I love.

In the midst of all of the craziness lately, I find myself needing some sort of consistency and a creative outlet. I think that blogging more consistently may be that outlet again. To help bring that goal into a reality I have created a general blog schedule and theme for five days a week.

Today I am starting the new blog series for Tuesdays called Tuesday Threads. This series is very loosely themed to give creative flexibility. The plan is that each Tuesday I will post about something that is thread oriented. This may mean fashion, crochet, cross-stitch, or any other topic that is connected to the thread theme.

For this Tuesday I want to write about velvet suits. Since I have been sick I have been in bed quite a bit. Between naps I have had a propensity to research random things online. I have been thinking about women's suits lately, specifically in more of a 1940's style. When researching vintage clothes I often like to browse Etsy to have fun looking at items. While browsing Etsy over the weekend, I discovered the lovely concept of velvet suits!

I am now positively smitten with the velvet suit concept! None of the suits I shared in the photo are in my size, but it was fun to look at them and dream about what I would want if I ever owned a velvet suit. The green suit from Crush Vintage is my favorite, but I also really like aspects of the suits from Savvy Spinster Vintage and the deep purple suit that is also from Crush Vintage. I won't be in the financial market to buy a velvet suit anytime soon, but for now it is fun to browse and dream.

Would you ever wear a velvet suit? Would you try one on just for fun?

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!