February was a really crazy month. Between supporting my Mom through surgery and recovery, dealing with other life circumstances, and getting sick with a nasty virus, it was a hectic month. However, I still managed to meet some of my goals.
Here were my February small goals:
I am happy to say that I helped support and encourage my Mom as she went through surgery last month. I'm also so incredibly thankful for how my family, friends, and my family's friends have loved and helped through this time.
Most of all, I have exciting news! Mom just found out this month that she will not have to have chemotherapy!!! Words can't fully express how thankful we are as a family. There are still steps in this journey that she has to take to deal with cancer, but we are so excited she won't have to undergo chemo and will be able to return to work later this month!
I learned to continue to take care of myself in February. I also had times where I didn't do as well at this, but overall I continued therapy and other self-care techniques throughout the craziness of the month.
3. Take time to crochet. haha Nope. This simply didn't happen.
5. Work on my taxes. Well, two months in a row with no progress on this. (Unless stacking tax related paperwork onto my desk counts. Maybe that counts for something?)
Honestly, for how crazy this month was, I am really proud of the success of 3/5 completed goals.
Now, for March!
1. Complete my taxes. I didn't make this happen the past two months, but this is officially the month that this happens.
2. Continue applying for jobs and preparing well for any interview opportunities that I receive. Now that life is settling down with my Mom, it has become vital for me to begin working again. First step is to find a job. I actually have a job interview tomorrow that I am really excited about, but we will see what happens. If I don't receive a job offer for this position it is important that I continue the job search.
3. Read at least two books. Life has been so crazy that I haven't really been reading much. I have also found that I have been spending more time vegging on Netflix than I would like. Instead of vegging in front of a screen whenever I have down time, I want to make it a priority to read more.
4. Work on being a better internet fairy. Last week I blogged about the internet fairy concept and this month I want to meaningfully put into practice some of what I discussed in the post. If you want to read more about being an internet fairy, feel free to check out this post.
5. Journal more. Along with not reading as much, I also haven't been writing as much. This month I want to take time to journal even if it is only for a few minutes each day.
Do you have any goals for the month? If so, you should check out Nicole's linkup on Writes Like a Girl.