Monday, March 7, 2016

Small Goals: March 2016...

It is that time of the month again; small goals!

February was a really crazy month. Between supporting my Mom through surgery and recovery, dealing with other life circumstances, and getting sick with a nasty virus, it was a hectic month. However, I still managed to meet some of my goals.

Here were my February small goals:

1. Support my Mom as she has surgery and goes through an intense recovery period this month. 
I am happy to say that I helped support and encourage my Mom as she went through surgery last month. I'm also so incredibly thankful for how my family, friends, and my family's friends have loved and helped through this time.

Most of all, I have exciting news! Mom just found out this month that she will not have to have chemotherapy!!! Words can't fully express how thankful we are as a family. There are still steps in this journey that she has to take to deal with cancer, but we are so excited she won't have to undergo chemo and will be able to return to work later this month!

2. Make sure that I find moments to take care of myself through rest, self-care, and continuing counseling.
I learned to continue to take care of myself in February. I also had times where I didn't do as well at this, but overall I continued therapy and other self-care techniques throughout the craziness of the month.

3. Take time to crochet. haha Nope. This simply didn't happen.

4. Continue working on my zine projectYES! I am so excited that I not only continued working on it, but I also published it on Galentine's Day!!! Eeeee!!! I am really proud of myself for working on this creative dream and thankful for the women that contributed to make it a reality. If you would like to check it out, here is the link to Sistership Zine.

5. Work on my taxes. Well, two months in a row with no progress on this. (Unless stacking tax related paperwork onto my desk counts. Maybe that counts for something?)

Honestly, for how crazy this month was, I am really proud of the success of 3/5 completed goals.

Now, for March!

1. Complete my taxes. I didn't make this happen the past two months, but this is officially the month that this happens.

2. Continue applying for jobs and preparing well for any interview opportunities that I receive. Now that life is settling down with my Mom, it has become vital for me to begin working again. First step is to find a job. I actually have a job interview tomorrow that I am really excited about, but we will see what happens. If I don't receive a job offer for this position it is important that I continue the job search.

3. Read at least two books. Life has been so crazy that I haven't really been reading much. I have also found that I have been spending more time vegging on Netflix than I would like. Instead of vegging in front of a screen whenever I have down time, I want to make it a priority to read more.

4. Work on being a better internet fairy. Last week I blogged about the internet fairy concept and this month I want to meaningfully put into practice some of what I discussed in the post. If you want to read more about being an internet fairy, feel free to check out this post.

5. Journal more. Along with not reading as much, I also haven't been writing as much. This month I want to take time to journal even if it is only for a few minutes each day.


Do you have any goals for the month? If so, you should check out Nicole's linkup on Writes Like a Girl.

Simply,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Love your goals for the month, Sarah! Also AWESOME news about your mom not having to go through chemotherapy - you guys must be jumping for joy!

    Probably going to copy your idea of being an Internet Fairy...LOVE that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valery! YES! We have done many happy dances sine we received the news.

      Feel free to copy the idea! It would be wonderful for there to be many more internet fairies in the digital sphere.

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed that you got so many of your February goals done, during what must have been a trying time for you and your family. That's wonderful that your mom is doing better! Best of luck with this month's goals (and the taxes!)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!