It is officially February!
January was nothing like I expected it to be. My Mom was diagnosed with cancer just a few days before the new year and January was spent with lots of medical appointments and news about her health. Originally, I planned to return to college for the spring semester, but as time continued it became very clear that I wanted and needed to withdraw for a semester to support my Mom on her journey. So, January was spent focused on helping my Mom, spending time with family, withdrawing from college, moving back home, losing my student job, and being supported by the most amazing family and friends.
With that said, it is still important to me to reflect back on the goals I set for January and create new goals for February. I think January was definitely a reminder to be kind to myself when life takes all of my plans and scatters them in all directions.
Here were my January goals:
5. Photograph my outfits each day. (This was to help me get a better concept of what clothes I wear the most.) haha Nope. That one simply fell away in all of the craziness of January.
Now it is a new month with its own new set of challenges. Today I want to link-up to Writes Like a Girl's monthly small goal post for February.
February Small Goals:
1. Support my Mom as she has surgery and goes through an intense recovery period this month. Goodness, this month will be intense, but I am so thankful for my amazing family and friends that are supporting my Mom, my family, and I as we walk through this season.
2. Make sure that I find moments to take care of myself through rest, self-care, and continuing counseling. I realized last month that this journey that I am on in supporting my Mom is not a sprint. It is important to find moments to recharge. I can better love, support, and help my Mom and family when I am making sure that I am re-energizing. Some days that may simply be a few minutes in the morning and a few minutes before I fall asleep, but those minutes are still important.
3. Take time to crochet. I continue to realize that taking little moments to crochet is very therapeutic and stress relieving. In the craziness of this month I hope to use it as a healthy form of stress relief.
4. Continue working on my zine project. This small goal is not my #1 life priority this month, but it is important to me to make a little progress on it. Maybe it will simply be creating a little bit of art for the project during the small minutes I take in the morning and evening, but it will still be progress.
5. Work on my taxes. This is practical and also a necessary part of being an adult. *sigh*
Do you have any goals for this month?
If you want to join in the monthly small goals fun, check out this link for the February meet-up. Plus, it is always great to read Nicole's blog. ;)
I hope that your February is off to a great start!