Monday, June 1, 2015

Graduation: Associate of Arts Degree...



I did it! I officially graduated from my community college with my Associate of Arts.

On May 15th I walked across the stage at commencement with a  bright smile. It took three years and a lot of work, but I am so proud of myself and incredibly thankful. There was a time when I did not know if my health would be well enough to go to college. Yet, here I am. My health is in such a good place and I have completed one of my first major academic goals. I am also incredibly thankful for the support of my family and friends, as well as the campus faculty and staff. I may have been the one enrolled in classes, learning, studying, and taking tests, but I know that I could not have done as well as I did without such an amazing support network.

It is amazing to think how much I have learned, how I have grown, and how life has changed since that first blog post I wrote about my very first day of college back in 2012. That is one of the incredible things about keeping a blog. Even when I do not write for awhile this space is still a way for me to document my life and share it with others. It is amazing when I take time to reflect back that this blog provides a way to visually see elements of how much I have grown.

I am not the same person that I was when I first began college. I have grown in more ways than I ever thought possible since that first day I got lost on campus trying to find my classes. I am really excited about the lessons I have learned, the connections I have made, and the woman I have become these past three years. It is amazing how much you really do change and grow in this stage of life.

This fall I will begin a new adventure at a larger university. I will be living on campus and starting work on my Bachelor's degree. I imagine that I will write about my first day at the larger university and that I will one day look back at that post with amazement too. I am excited for new classes, learning a new campus, and all of the incredible opportunities I will have to grow. Life is truly an adventure.

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Hurray!! Congratulations, Sarah! I am so proud of you! What an amazing accomplishment. I am thrilled to hear that you are feeling better and have plans to live on campus at a university next year - that's all wonderful news! My son has loved living on campus and making new friends. Are you well enough for a full course load or will you be taking fewer classes (that's what he does)?

    Congratulations for your achievement and best wishes for further success and good health in the future!

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue!

      I am so glad to hear that he has loved it. I am a bit nervous about it, but mostly very excited to begin this next adventure. Even though my health is doing so much better, do you think he might be open to emailing with me to share tips for transitioning to living on campus? If not no worries, but I would appreciate advice if he is open to sharing.

      Currently I am well enough for a full course load so long as I am wise about how much non-school related events and activities I take on.

      I am glad that he has been able to find a course load that works for him! It is a balancing act for sure.

      Thank you so much for your kind words and continued encouragement!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!