Sunday, May 3, 2015

Reflecting on lasts and looking forward to firsts...

Dream a Little Dream

Window Dreamer


Life has been very full lately. It has been filled with many wonderful experiences and happenings. It has also been exhausting. This semester I ended up making a schedule that has very long days and I admittedly over committed myself between classes, work, and extracurricular commitments. It has also been mentally, emotionally, and physically draining working on the transfer process and scholarship applications and other preparations so that I may transfer this fall. However, the semester is almost complete and then I will be able to truly rest this summer.

This week is the last week of regular classes and then the following week will usher in finals and graduation. I am incredibly excited to graduate from community college and prepare to transfer to a larger university in the fall. I am truly in the middle of a transitional season right now. Lately I have been experiencing a lot of lasts at community college and this fall I will experience a lot of firsts.

As I process life lately I am so incredibly thankful for the love and support of my family, friends, mentors, and other individuals I have met through my college. I could not do all that I do without all of their support and encouragement.

On the days that I just want to stay in bed to rest, I remind myself how far I have come. There was a time I never thought that my health would be well enough to attend college full time, work part time, be involved in campus leadership, and also engage in other activities. I am so thankful for the relatively good health I have these days and regularly remind myself to appreciate it. I have also been reminded lately that I need to make sure that I take better care of myself and not overfill my plate when I transfer in the fall. (I am having to learn to say, "No." Why does that seem to be a never ending lesson for me?)

All in all, life is very good lately. I am so thankful. Tonight I reflect on the lasts and look toward the firsts that are to come.

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!