Thursday, January 1, 2015

An unconventional New Year's Eve...

Guess what will make viewing these photos even more fun!

Listen to Perry Como's Catch a Falling Star. (You can listen to it on YouTube here.)

Stars.

Stars.

Stars.

Stars.

My Starry Sky

Catch A Falling Star



I enjoyed an unconventional New Year's Eve last night. Initially, I felt a bit blue because part of me wished that I had grand plans for the evening. But, my plans were simply to spend time with family at home. As I began to think about the evening an idea jumped into my mind- I could make my own starry sky!

So, my sister and I dashed off to the craft store. She patiently waited as I wandered around until I found the perfect paper and ribbons. I returned home and spent a large part of the evening in my favorite sweater, a pair of overalls, and polka dot socks as I cut and constructed my own starry sky above my bed.

I remember the moment that I finished my project I thought to myself, "It's beautiful! I am so glad I spent New Year's Eve at home!"

Sometimes in life I think that I really want to spend an evening or a day in a certain way, but then plans change and (though it is nothing like my original wish) it is far better than I ever imagined.

I had an unconventional New Year's Eve, but I wouldn't trade it for all the glamorous parties in the world. It was special, it was mine, and I doubt that I will ever spend another New Year's Eve quite like this one.

May your New Year be filled with joy!

Simply,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty. I want to find the perfect shimmery paper to put up snowflakes on my window, but now I also want to do stars at some point too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      That sounds like a lovely idea. Happy crafting!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!