Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Texas Art...

Hello everyone!

I hope you are having a splendid week. Today I have a fun craft project to share.

This past weekend I was blessed to spend a bit of time with two relatives that were visiting from another state. The night before I was set to have lunch with them and some of our extended family I realized that I would like to create a small gift for them to take back home from their visit. Suddenly, an idea began to form in my mind and I created this.




The art piece is on a small canvas and the artwork is a combination of embroidery and sketching with acrylic pencils and a black ink pen. I am pleased with how it turned out, but I was even more pleased by the smiles on my relatives' faces when I gave it to them.

One of the aspects that I most enjoyed about making this was the exploration of combining stitching directly on canvas as well as other elements, such as acrylic pencils.

How have you been creative lately?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. This is artwork is gorgeous! I am going to have to borrow the embroidery-on-art-canvas idea for sure! I have not seen anything like this, such a good idea! Is the flower the state flower or just your own idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Please let me know if you post pictures of any projects you try with this. I would enjoy seeing how you are creative with it.

      It is my best attempt at our state flower which is the bluebonnet flower.

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!