Monday, May 12, 2014

International ME/CFS Awareness Day 2014

Today is International ME/CFS Day.

A few years ago I was very, very ill. As I was searching for answers and spending days upon days in bed, I came across the blog Learning to Live with ME/CFS, written by Sue Jackson. I found the blog very helpful during that season of my life and Sue was incredibly kind to me. She took time to respond to my emails, answer my questions, and write encouraging notes on my blog.

As time went on and my health began to improve, I became less involved in learning about or sharing about ME/CFS.

Today I am unsure about my health and if I had ME/CFS and then it went into remission or if that was never part of what I had going on at all. I know now that I have Fibromyalgia. But, even if I never had ME/CFS, my symptoms when I was very ill fit the diagnoses and I understand first hand how debilitating and frustrating it is to be in bed for weeks and days and not have clear answers or treatments for you exhausting fatigue.

My health has greatly improved and I truly hope that those in the ME/CFS community will also have improvements in their health as more is learned about diagnosis and treatments.

And so, today I would like to help Sue and others in the ME/CFS community to spread the word. If you would take a moment and visit Sue's blog post and some of the links there to learn a little, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!


Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!