Saturday, August 31, 2013

Relationship thoughts and a little fairy...

Fairy1

Fairy2

If I am ever in another relationship (and if I one day marry someone) whoever I am with will have to be supportive of my odd artistic whims. This includes being aware that he may walk into a room and see me resting on my back, on the floor, with my camera above my head just because there happens is a perfect patch of sunshine coming through a nearby window. He will have to be okay with the fact that I still read children's books aloud to myself sometimes and that I often wake up randomly in the middle of the night to jot down inspiration that has come in a dream. Lastly, he will have to be able to at least smile at my creative whims even when such times include the fact that I am a grown adult making a fairy home.

In the meantime, I am positively fine with the fact that I have such whims and I have wonderfully supportive family that simply smiles when I bring home a thrift store find and proclaim it is the perfect fairy house. I do not need a relationship to be joyful and creative in my life, but today I realized once again that if I am ever in another relationship it is vital that whoever I am with is supportive of my creativity and my love of children and childlike things.

Now, after that bit of rambling, back to the fairy house!

Today while thrift store shopping I came across what seemed to be a candle holder in the shape of a strawberry house. I immediately thought it looked like just the place a fairy would call home. So, I spent part of this afternoon creating a tiny fairy and a little piece of property for her strawberry house to rest upon. I named the little fairy Arunima. I carpeted her home with red felt, gave her a puff of smoke for her chimney, and a lovely little garden/yard where she can enjoy having picnics. She has a hand crocheted picnic blanket, blue button plates, and a bit of yummy fairy food. Her wings and hair glimmer with pixie dust and her dress is of the finest petals. All in all, I had a truly wonderful time with this creative whim. It was a grand way to spend the beginning of this three day weekend.


Fairy3

Fairy4

Fairy5

Fairy6

Fairy7

Fairy8

Fairy9

Fairy10

Thoughts to ponder-

Do you have interesting creative whims?
Are you ever creative in more "childish" ways?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sarah! I enjoyed this post because your childlike creative spirit is why I love your blog so much. It's great to hear that whomever is blessed enough to be with you someday will have to be someone who can appreciate your creativity and whims. I relate to you because I really love children's books, illustrations, toys, and decor. I have two and four year old boys and am very happy to admire these things with them. My husband is very supportive of this and it does mean a lot to me. Creativity is a huge part of who you are, so I'm happy to hear you will always nurture that side of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This comment was such a delight to read.

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!