Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Books make good pillows...

Girly Girl

This just in- Books make good pillows! Well, at least that is what my cat Girly Girl seemed to have thought when she took over one of my sister's books recently. Cats are such funny creatures. I don't particularly think that books make good pillows, but today I did enjoy a bit of rainy weather which happened to be the perfect weather to snuggle up and read a book.

Lately I have been reading multiple books at one time. Some people can't imagine doing such a thing while others tend to always be reading more then one book at a time. I think I tend to read multiple books at once most of the time. I am currently reading the Bible (Old Testament), an autobiography, a book of children's fiction, and I've just begun The Pocket Scavenger  by Kari Smith. I plan to write an in depth post about the autobiography and fiction book once I am done reading them. In regards to the book by Kari Smith, it is wonderful so far! It is an "interactive" book that takes you on a scavenger hunt adventure. The book also has a technique to randomly choose built in prompts to edit your scavenger find in some interesting way as you document it in the scavenger journal pages. The first item was stamps and the prompt I randomly had was to add string. I am very pleased with the book so far and hopefully I can share photos of some of my entries sometime soon!

Whether it has been the Bible, books of children's fiction, autobiographies, articles, or creative books, one of the wonderful aspects of this summer has been the allowance of time to read more. I still haven't read as much as I would have liked, but I definitely read more over the summer than during the past school semesters. However, one of my goals this coming semester is to read at least one book a month that is not a part of my coursework. I also want to work hard to take little moments to write things other than papers. One beneficial aspect of this semester is that I will be taking a creative writing class! By taking this class I believe it will help me remember to take time for creative endeavors along side my other courses.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoy reading and I am thankful for this rainy afternoon we had and the bit of reading I was able to experience as the rain dripped down.

Thoughts to ponder-

What is the best weather for reading?
Do you tend to strictly read one book at a time or multiple books at once?

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!