Monday, July 29, 2013

Look a little closer...

A flight through the clouds...

There are moments with photography that I truly think are simply about being in the right place at the right time.

Recently, I stood in my backyard and took a few pictures when I suddenly looked up at the sky and saw an incredibly beautiful cloud scene. There were thunderstorms rolling in and the clouds were creating stunning imagery. So, I adjusted my camera settings and turned the lens to the sky to try to capture a slight glimpse of how beautiful it was. I knew I could never fully capture the breathtaking beauty of that moment, but I thought I could capture a glimpse.

After my time of taking pictures I went back inside and put my camera away. I went about my other tasks for the day and later went to view the pictures I took so that I could post at least one. What I saw in one of the pictures took my breath away. In one of the pictures I had unintentionally captured a bird riding the air currents and appearing to venture out into the incredible clouds. I hadn't even seen the bird when I was taking the pictures, yet there it was, floating, flying off into the distance with such grace. The photo above is truly one of my favorite photos I've taken in months. It still inspires and grabs my attention each time I look at it.

Sometimes it simply takes being in the right place at the right time to capture something such as this. This photo has taught me to take a closer look at pictures as I am looking at them before I post or delete them. I could have easily deleted this photo since I had many cloud pictures. But, thankfully, I took the time to look at each one before I deleted anything. This photo taught me that you never know what you might miss if you don't take the time to look a little closer.

In life, this is also true. We can easily miss incredible things because we didn't take the time to look a little closer.

Thoughts to ponder-

When was the last time you slowed down and looked a little closer at life?
Have you ever taken a photo that was the product of being in the right place at the right time?

May your Mondays be Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photo! I was just thinking about this over the last week.. life has gotten so busy lately that I've not stopped just to appreciate all the great things - instead I'm wrapped up in the mundane and caught up in the stress of the things that aren't going so great. Sometimes we do need to just take the time to stop, breathe and appreciate the beauty in the things around us.

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment!
      Yes, that is so very true. I am glad my post blessed you with that reminder.

      -Sarah

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!