Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy bookstore finds: Kinfolk and Pooh...

Kinfolk

Pooh's Library

Pooh

100 Aker Wood


Last week I went on a little used bookstore excursion. I needed to get out of the house and in some ways I needed to get my thoughts onto other things. Bookstores are one of the perfect places for me to go when I need to get out and about. When I am walking through a used bookstore I always want to run my fingers along the book spines as I walk past long rows of shelves. I feel giddy as I keep an eye out for new treasures. And words feel like my natural space.

On this particular book adventure I found a few marvelous items! The first was a Kinfolk magazine! It was half the price that they normally sell for. Now, I am more than happy to pay full prize because Kinfolk is amazing quality and beautiful. In fact, I would order every issue new! But, alas, I do not have much money to spend on such a thing and I am in college. One day I will buy a new copy, but in the mean time it was a dream come true to find a copy of Kinfolk to call my own.

The second marvelous find was a set of Winnie the Pooh books in the edition I had one day hoped to own. I was so excited to find it! I had to put back other purchases I had set aside, but it was completely worth it since it isn't every day I come across this set. Each book has a pretty fabric cover and the original dust jackets. The illustrations are beautiful! When I look at the map inside the cover of the books I can't help imagine myself truly in the hundred aker wood meandering on a whimsical adventure. (Winnie the Pooh is one of my all time favorites in case you were wondering.)

So, there you have my two happy bookstore finds!

Thoughts to ponder-
Do you enjoy browsing used bookstores?
What are some of the best treasures you've found at a bookstore?

Simply,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so jealous! Haha- those books are so beautiful! New follower via Bloglovin' <3 Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! haha

      And, thank you for following! I hope you continue to enjoy my blog.

      -Sarah

      Delete
  2. I have never looked at a Kinfolk magazine before, but it looks so amazing! And the Winnie the Pooh books are so cute! Such beautiful finds!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!