Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Skittles for the fellow...

The fellow (a.k.a. Luke) and I have started a new tradition. The first week of each month we do something special and creative for each other. This month I wrote him a little note and tucked a bag of skittles inside of the envelope for him to eat. (It is one of his very favorite types of candy.) Then I decided to take another mini-bag of skittles and create a photo/blog post that my note told him to read today. So, this little poem and post is specifically for Luke to see, but everyone else (especially if you enjoy skittles) is welcome to view it too. 

If You Have a Mini Bag of Skittles

If you have a mini bag of skittles
You can hold them in your hand
And take the time to consider the colors bright and grand.
You can line them up in a neat row
To make a mini-candy army that's marching to and fro.
You can use a photo of them as an overlay
To create a picture of dreaming in skittle colors on a spring day.
One mini-bag of skittles is great,
But two is even better because I can give you one to celebrate.
Happy Festive Firsts!


IMG_9029

IMG_8999

Dreaming in Color

Festive Firsts Skittles


Simply,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love finding joy in the little things in life!! So special! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!