Thursday, April 11, 2013

The maybe post...

A wave, a moment.

To write. To write is for me to be honest. I am the most honest when I spill words onto a page. It may be a page that is the product of a cut down tree or it may be a page that is digital. But the spilling of words is still an honest action.

Perhaps I have been quiet lately within this space because I don’t feel like I can be completely honest. The words my heart has been spilling lately are words that only my journal can hold. The rhythms of my heart are beats that need to be expressed in a private setting. The thoughts I must work through lately are best kept in a safer place.

And maybe, maybe that is okay. Maybe it is okay not to share so much in this space right now. Maybe it is okay to rest. Maybe it is okay to rest, to drink a cup of tea, to pray, to read, to breathe.

Maybe for a time the words that spill are for my journal. Maybe for a time I write poems just to express. Maybe someday I’ll share them. Maybe some poems will be short maybe some will have over 1,000 words. I’ll let my words be honest.

Maybe for right now I’ll share fewer words and instead share more pictures. Maybe. Oh, that passive word of mine. 

Amidst all the maybes this I know tonight- God is granting grace even amidst all this. Amidst the hard, the stress, and more, He grants grace.

And, this I know- I am grateful for this space. Even if for this time I am quieter in words, I will still be creative and share here.

For those of you that read. Thank you.
I hope in some small way that this little blog abode blesses you. I hope it will continue to bless you even if I am quieter for a little while.  

Simply,
Sarah
 

1 comment:

  1. I love when you said, "Amidst all the maybes this I know tonight- God is granting grace even amidst all this. Amidst the hard, the stress, and more, He grants grace."

    That is exactly what I needed to read today, after a somewhat hard week... Thank you for sharing what's on your heart. Know that it is a blessing to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!