Monday, March 4, 2013

Berries, windows, and poetry...

Berry1

Berry2

Hello everyone!

I hope you've had a Magnificent Monday!

I wanted to take a little time to share these pictures a took last month. I decided to try to capture the berries in interesting ways and this is the result. I'm especially happy with the second one. It feels as though the blurred elements created a concise window to view one particular berry more clearly than the others. In a way, I feel like poetry can be similar to that second photo. I've written multiple poems today. They are not the "skipping through the flower field" happy with ease sort of poems though. No, today I've written poems that are much more raw, forward, and that created a window to view and process certain things.

Poetry can sometimes be one of the best ways to process something. With poetry much like with a camera you can blur the focus of the surrounding thoughts and sometimes focus on just the center of the matter or a specific element. I needed that tonight. I needed to write, to place my messy heart stuff and thoughts onto a clean crisp piece of paper. To ink spill, express, and think. I created windows tonight with words.

This Monday I am thankful for the gift of poetry. I'm thankful that I have pen and paper so that I may pour out deep and honest words as well as process this season of life- the beautiful and the difficult aspects. 

Do you enjoy poetry?
Do you most enjoy to write it or read or both?

May your Mondays be Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. That second berry photo is lovely! And you have such a beautiful way with words... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!