Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Twig and the Flower: A Love Story...

Today I took a little time to be creative.

I made my very own Vine video. Vine is a new video App that you use to create very short videos that play in a loop.

I wanted to share it on the blog as well as give a behind the scenes look with still photos from the set up.

But, before you look at the photos and read the back story, take a minute to view the video by clicking the link below.

The Twig and the Flower: A Love Story (link)

Twig and flower title

Now that you've had a chance to watch the video, I wanted to take a little time to share the back story. I found out about the Vine app on Saturday night from Luke's parents. (I feel as though my tech savvy increases greatly every time I spend time with Luke and his family.)

Today I felt like doing something creative. I thought, "Well, then, now is a good time to borrow Dana's ipod to try out Vine!"

I knew I wanted to created a video outside and I knew I wanted to use some of Dana's flowers, but I didn't know what direction I was going to go. I gathered the ipod, flowers, and such and headed outside. Initially I thought I would simply do something with falling flower petals. But, then I decided that I wanted to tell a story. I looked at one of the pretty flowers and suddenly, I decided to make a "love story" video.  What would be a good match for this flower character? Why, a twig of course!

The first try at the video didn't turn out quite right, but the second one was exactly what I wanted.

It was so munch fun to try to tell a story in such a short time. I'm not a very concise person, but every once in awhile I think that making a short video could be delightfully fun.

I hope you enjoyed watching it!

Below are a few still shots I took with my camera Desi.
The last shot is a picture of the stars of my video and I.
Twig and Flower set1
Twig and flower set2

Untitled

Now, I'm off to finish a Valentine's Day project.

Have a great rest of your day/evening!

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!