Monday, February 18, 2013

Modern Mixtape...

Hello everyone!

I hope you're having a Magnificent Monday!

Today I wanted to share a creative project I made for Luke.
A few weeks ago I was sitting and thinking about what I could give Luke for Valentine's Day. I had already selected the perfect card, but I wanted to give him something too. This was the first Valentine's Day we officially celebrated together so I wanted it to be meaningful and creative, but nothing to serious either.

So, I put on my creative hat and came up with an idea!

I decided that I liked the idea of mixtapes, but I wanted to take a modern spin on the mixtape concept.

Here is how to make a modern mixtape...

Step 1- Buy a gift card for a digital music provider. I went with itunes.

Step 1...

Step 2- Place the gift card on a piece of paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cutout the piece of paper and decorate it to look like a cassette tape. Then, tape it onto the front of the gift card.

Step 2...

Step 3- Find an old cassette case and decorate the inside with whatever papers you like.

Step 3...

Step 4- Select special songs and write out a playlist to put on the cassette case. The gift recipient can then use the gift card to purchase digital copies of each of the songs. You can also write a nice note to tuck into the case also. (You'll have to get create and come up with your own song list if you make your own version of this project. I did my best to blur the set list on purpose. The song list was unique and I took time and care to put it together for Luke. So, I wanted to keep that part special and not broadcast it to the internet.)

Step 4...

Put it all together and there you have it! A modern mixtape!

Modern Mixtape...

I can't fully express how much I enjoyed making it for Luke and seeing his face when he opened it. I'm glad to know he has been enjoying the music lately and that I introduced him to some new songs that he has listened to a lot.

What do you think of my modern mixtape idea?

As always, may your Mondays be Magnificent! 

Simply,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!