Tuesday, February 5, 2013

In need of rest...

Rest

Has it really been over a week since I last posted?

Yes, it has.

In some ways I'm surprised. But, when I think about it, I'm not completely surprised.
I've had photos I could post, stories I could have written, but honestly, I've been worn out.

Since the last post I wrote about a difficult Monday through today I've had a lot of different things happen. Most of which have been situations that I've had to work through emotionally. Some have been with people I barely knew, some have been in regards to school, some have been with people I care about so very, very much, and some of it has been in regards to other things. But, I am emotionally tired. I'm spiritually worn.

Yesterday my sister and my Mema both went into the hospital. My sister had appendicitis and my Mema had taken a fall with bleeding on the brain among other injuries. As of last night they were both doing well. I'm so very thankful! I'm thankful for how well they're both doing, for how much love, prayers, and support my family and I have been surrounded with, and for God's faithfulness amidst it all.

God is good. Even though I've cried more since the 28th than I have in a long time He is good.

He is teaching me about His love. Amidst all of this hard stuff He is teaching me heart lessons.

I will be honest, if I could today, I would go to a store and buy some fresh flowers. (White daisies if I could find them.) Then I would run away to a park with someone. I would sit and rest. I would be still and know that He is God. I would sit and breathe and rest and take in the moment.

But, I probably don't need to buy daisies until I receive my most recent pay. I can't run away to a park anytime soon because I need to go to History class for three hours today due to the test coming up on Thursday. So, for now I take a few moments to sit. I snuggle with my cat Juni even though it would be nice to sit with someone else. I listen to the birds outside my window and type upon these letter keys to write about my trials, my hopes, my dreams of rest, and the wearying things.

Amidst it all, God is still good. 

Psalm 118:14, 

"The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation."
 
The hope is that my precious sister will be able to come home from the hospital sometime today. I've put together a little gift bag for her and look forward to when she is able to come home. 
 
Hopefully my Mema will be able to go to her home today or tomorrow so long as she continues to do well.
 
Once again, I'm so very thankful for all of the love and support and prayers my family has been overwhelmed with since yesterday. We're very blessed.
 
Hopefully later this week I can post some of those pretty photos and fun stories I have stored away. Until then, I hope you have a wonderful day. Take time to listen to the birds and look up at the sky. 
 
Simply,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!