Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Today I made a willow tree...

I love my sister.
I love to watch her take out her paints, pencils, paper, and take over the kitchen table to create art. It is beautiful. I enjoy watching her create and bring her imaginings onto a page. Today she invited me to sit and create with her for awhile. And, so, I did.

Shaved art...

Paint tools...

Paint and tools...

Art...

Sister at work...

Sister...

Sister's art...

During the artistic time Sissy and I talked about working on a book together. She could bring the art to life and I could paint with words. It would be great. And, I was reminded today that art can be a wonderful way to express. Yet, today art was also a way for me to distract my mind. I feel like I've been overly focused on certain things today and that if I don't distract myself then my thoughts will drive me crazy. So, I was all the more pleased to be artistic at the table with my sister today.

Dana sweetly let me use her watercolor pencils today. I'm pleased to say that I made a willow tree with them. It makes me smile.

Willow Tree Art

Willow Tree

Happy mid-week to you!

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!