Monday, January 21, 2013

One year: Luke and I...

Luke and I- one year...

One year. Yesterday marked one year of official courtship with Luke.

Yesterday...

-We enjoyed a nice lunch just the two of us.
-We took a few insta-film pictures with Wendy.
-We accidentally matched. (His hoody and my shirt where almost the exact same shade of orange.) The waitress that served us at lunch said, "You two match! But, not too match-y, match-y." It makes me smile and laugh a little still.
-He blessed me with a wonderful card. (One of my favorite things about the cards that he usually gives me is that they are usually made out of construction paper. Which, frankly, I wouldn't trade for the fanciest cards in the world. Construction paper is his signature style.)
-I was finally able to give him his gift! I had been working on it for over six months. His gift was a jar of notes. There were dated notes of memories, thoughts, and other odds and ends which filled a large jar. When I counted there were over 50 notes that he'll be able to read as he wants to.

Holding notes....

Jar of notes...

In most ways it feels like the year has flown by. Not in every way, but in most.

I remember when we first began our courtship and how awkward the first few times were that we spent time together. We suddenly knew we both liked each other, we were officially in a relationship, but it was a whole new thing to have an hour to two hours just for the two of us to talk. Fast forward to a year later, it isn't hard to spend time together for two hours, we can in fact enjoy much longer than that.

This past year has been more beautiful as well as more challenging than I ever could have imagined. As a little girl seeing the princesses or reading the fairytale depictions of relationships, care, love, and all such things seemed to be so wonderful, sunshine-y, and beautiful. But, in real life they are much more than that. There is all the beauty as well as the challenging. Yet, both make up the picture of the whole. I'm thankful for this past year and all of the ways it has caused me to grow as an individual as well as the ways it has caused Luke and I to grow as a couple.  

I do not know what this next year will hold. But, God willing, I hope to continue getting to know Luke. And, I hope that we continue to grow as individuals as well as grow as a couple. Amidst this next year, I hope as we grow and know each other more that we honor God and bring Him glory all the more.

Today is a Magnificent Monday  and the beginning of a second year of courtship. Today the Magnificence  of my Monday is amidst enjoying and reflecting on the first year, realizing today is the start of the second, and reading the card Luke gave me.

What is Magnificent  about your Monday?

May your Mondays be Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah 

6 comments:

  1. My Monday has been made magnificent by reading this adorable account of the Courtship of Luke and Sarah, two of my favorite students ever!!

    I am very blessed to watch your relationship grow and honor God. I love you both!!
    Shelley Mullins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thank you, Mrs. Mullins!

      I'm so blessed by your kind comment.

      Love you too!
      You're an amazing teacher/speech coach. =)

      Delete
  2. Awe, Congratulations! Your idea of the notes in a jar is really cute! And you instant shots are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!

      I'm glad that you thought it was a cute idea. It was a lot of fun to give him.

      Thanks! Luke took one and I took the other. I'm so enjoying having a film camera.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone :)

    And your gift to him was so thoughtful and unique! I love it.

    Enjoy your Monday and here's to a great year ahead!

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! =)

      I'm glad you liked the gift that I gave him. It was a pleasure to give.

      Thank you! Happy Monday to you too!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!