Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's 2013...

It's 2013.....

New Year's Eve Outfit...

Peter-pan.....

Well, today is the very first day of 2013!

I dressed up and welcomed in the new year last night! (Though, in all honesty, I think I was actually already in my pajamas when midnight struck.) This outfit was a lot of fun to wear. I felt like a mixture of Snow White, Alice, and Minnie Mouse all the while still completely feeling like myself. My Daddy says he thinks I'm a chameleon with how different I can look at times in photos. The dress has a sweet peter-pan collar which I'd been wanting dress with that style of collar for quite awhile. And, Momma found a wonderful red lipstick for me to try.

In the grand picture of life, a collar on a dress and a red lipstick really aren't all that important. Yet, they were two little things that made me smile yesterday.

On the last day of 2012 I was blessed to spend lots of time with my Momma and my Sissy. I danced a little and visited with friends at a get-together. Then, I headed home around 11pm and took deep breaths while the neighborhood became very noisy with guns, fireworks, and such.

All in all, it was a nice last day of 2012. Though, I think in the future I would rather spend the evening with a small group of people instead of a bigger party. I realized that I just don't really enjoy big events that much anymore. They aren't bad, but I would rather do something low-key.

The only thing that I really missed was Luke. He's been sick so I didn't get to spend time with him, dance with him, or wish him a happy new year in person. But, that's okay. It was still a very blessed day and ending to 2012.

So, now I look forward to 2013. My hope and prayer is that God will use me for His glory to speak truth and share love. I don't know what tomorrow holds for sure much less an entire year. But, I'm looking forward to it and trusting that God will direct my steps as I seek Him.

How did you celebrate and welcome in the new year?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sarah. Happy New Year! I also prefer to celebrate with a small group of people, pretty much just family at home. I can't imagine leaving my little kids at home to go and 'have fun' somewhere else. We ate a lot and talked about favorite things in the past year, watched the ball drop in Times Square on tv. You inspired me to start a journal this year! Thank you. Sarah, You look amazing in that shade of red lipstick! Blessings to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year!

      Yes, I realized this year how much I would really rather be with a small group of loved ones and friends instead. Oh! If I had kiddos (especially young ones) I have a hard time imagining that I would want to go somewhere else either. It sounds like you and yours had a wonderful time!

      Wow! Thank you for sharing that! I feel so honored that I inspired you to start a journal this year. Journals are wonderful! They grant the opportunity to express, process, and document. I hope you selected a wonderful journal that makes you smile as you begin filling the pages one word at a time.

      Thank you! I'm so pleased to have found just the right red for me after a bit of searching.

      Many blessings to you!
      Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!