Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Brilliant Earth and thoughts...

I would like to preface this post by stating that I am not engaged and that I do not see myself being engaged soon. In this post I write about rings, but I don't want to stir up a whirlwind (of undue excitement or concern) so I felt that it was wise to start it with such a preface. I am in a meaningful relationship (with an amazing fellow), but even if I were still single I think that I would still be writing this post today. Now, to the post...


This morning as I was looking through my blog reader when I came across a blog post by Anna Delores. In her post she talked about ethical engagement rings. I realized that if/when I get engaged and married someday if I don't I have a ring from a family member that I want to support fair trade and give thought to the ethics beyond the rings that are bought. I think part of why I've never really thought about that is because I don't like big diamonds. I just never have liked them. Ever since I was a little girl I've been drawn to simply rings. My heart has always dreamed of either having a ring that was passed down from a family member or a simple ring like this one-



Perhaps since I've never been drawn to the big diamonds I didn't think as much about wanting to support ethical diamond trade. But, I realized today that I do. Even that simple ring has diamonds and even the white gold of the band was mined somewhere.

So, in that distant time if/when I'm blessed with engagement and marriage, I believe that I would like my future spouse and I to purchase from a company like Brilliant Earth the rings that we would wear.  

Have you ever thought about rings this way?

Simply,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, thanks for the link to your post! I love it! Rings are on my mind as are general thoughts about weddings and marriage because I'm a wedding photographer, but this is also an issue I feel strongly about for the day I get engaged and married (also a distant point in the future for me). Thanks for sharing this important issue on your own blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!