Monday, December 17, 2012

Love lights and prayers...

Love Lights

I can't sit beside the families whose hearts are hurting and hug them.
I can't hold their hands and pray with them.
I don't know those who are aching so from the loss of life this past week.

But, I don't need to know them. I can pray for them here.
I can pray for them as I sit amidst the light of the beauty of the tree.
I can pray for them as I pack boxes and clean today.

By God's grace, I may love those around me.
I may love my family and value time with them.
I may love the stranger that takes my order, the checker that scans my goods, and the fellow bloggers in this online sphere.

I know amidst all of this that God is good.
I do not understand all things, but I trust in His goodness.

My heart aches for the loss of life being taken by a fellow human.
I whisper prayers amidst the loss and desire to live, and love, and be a bright light shining the truth and love of Christ much like the lovely lights shining atop the tree. Except, I won't stop shining once Christmas has passed. I'll carry on throughout the year. By God's grace I'll shine truth and love throughout this season and the coming year.


John 1:4-5, "In him was life, and the life was the light of men.The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." 

I'm so thankful for the light and life that Christ has brought and that the darkness has not overcome it.

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!