Thursday, December 13, 2012

First semester finished...

This morning at 8am I began my very last final.
I didn't feel very optimistic about it. It was History class and there were a lot of dates to remember. I had calculated the worst case scenario and the best and I was simply hoping I would do well enough to keep a B in the class.

After the test I sat in the lobby waiting for Momma to pick me back up. My perfectionist mind was going crazy thinking of all the things I probably got wrong and how I shouldn't have capitalized the word Southerners. I kept telling myself to let it go. I couldn't go back and change anything. It was done and I would have to accept the grade whatever it was.

Little by little I worked on letting it go. Then Luke picked me up and we enjoyed some time together and a nice celebration lunch.

This afternoon I looked up my grade and...I made an 85! And, I made an A in the class!

Which now means...

First Semester

I did it! I finished my first semester of college. It is official!

And, to top it all off, I made a 4.0 GPA in my college level classes and a B in my developmental math.
I'm super duper happy and very, very, very blessed!

This is my celebration jump...

Happy Jump

This is a bit what my tired and blurry mind feels like...(I predict that the finals' week symptoms will be gone by Monday.)

A bit tired...

But, mostly, I'm smiling and looking forward to a restful winter break...

Winter break...

I have lovely posts that I hope to share with all of you soon.

How are you?
What have I missed while away in the land of college studying?

Simply,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. HURRAY! HURRAY! Good for you, Sarah - that is a HUGE accomplishment!

    Jamie finished his last final yesterday and is also relieved and ready for relaxing break. He came home today, and we are glad to have him back.

    Bask in your accomplishments and enjoy a restful break - you have earned it!!

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue!

      I'm glad that Jamie finished his finals and can rest now too!
      Family time is a wonderful thing.

      Thanks for your encouragement!

      -Sarah

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing and making great grades!!! Breaks always feel so good after hard work!! Enjoy your time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah!
      Yes, it definitely feels good after all of the hard work.

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!