Sunday, November 4, 2012

A gift gathered, a gift given, a gift good...

The November Joy Dare prompt for today is...

A gift gathered, given, good...
 
10. Gift gathered- The gathering of the first fallen autumn leaves. 
11. Gift given- The gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:9-

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

12. Gift good- The gift of car ride conversations and laughing with my amazing Momma.

It has been such a wonderful Sunday.

I'm so thankful for the time of Biblical community together this morning and tonight.
I'm thankful for my precious family. God has blessed me so very much.

My littlest brother and I enjoyed a wonderful little bit of time together outside. He asked me to take some pictures and share. We hope they make you smile. Even if they don't, it's nice to be able to document little memories on this blog. Our creative time outside was a bit brief due to little bud cutting his toe on a twig. But, I'm thankful that it wasn't too bad of a cut.

Autumn colors

Untitled

Little bud-autumn time

Leafcoloring


Tonight God put something on my heart to begin doing this month.
As I'm writing out these lists of thankfulness I want to end the posts with a written prayer of thanks. I'm not merely writing out lists of thanks. No, the reality is that I desire to lift songs, words, lists, and whispered prayers to Daddy God in thankfulness. I want to genuinely thank Him. Not merely list my thanks, but thank Him from whom these gifts come. (James 1:17 comes to mind as I write.)

Dear Daddy God,

Thank You. Thank You for these gifts that I've been listing. Thank You for the way that autumn is slowly unfolding before my eyes. Thank You for the first autumn leaves that I gathered today. Thank You that I can hold them in my hands, color their patterns onto paper, feel them beneath my bare feet, and gaze upon the colors with my blue eyes. Thank You for the gift of salvation and of forgiveness that You have given in grace through Jesus. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for the gift of scripture. Thank You for car rides and conversations with Momma. Thank You for the way laughter can flow, yet also meaningful moments and heart-honest conversations happen. Thank You for Biblical community. Thank You for my family. Thank You for m precious brother and the memory making time (though it was brief) today. You're so very good. May this month be a continued lesson in thankfulness. Genuine, real, heart-honest, thankfulness. Amen.

What is a gift gathered, given, good, or all that you're thankful for today?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Today and everyday I pray for peace and happiness for those I love......I am so thankful for feeling them present today. And Sarah, I am also thankful for your sweet comments on my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the prayers at the end of the posts! What an important opportunity so easily forgotten. Prayer is a sweet aroma to God and part of our armor against the wiles of the devil. Thanks for the reminder to make opportunities to insert prayer throughout my day and not just when convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!