Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seasons' Goodbyes: September...

I began two new "series" this month here on the blog. I've titled them Seasons' Greetings and Seasons' Goodbyes.

Seasons’ Greetings- A whimsical series of letters to the calendar months.

Seasons' Goodbyes- A whimsical time of letters to reflect back on the past month.

Each post in the first series is a letter to the month and my writings of hopes and anticipations at the start of it. Each post in the second series is to look back, reflect, and say goodbye to the month.

So, today I say goodbye to September...

September 30th, 2012

Dear September,

It is time to say goodbye. I've enjoyed the hint of autumn that you brought to me. I brought about autumn colors with a centerpiece during your stay and I've enjoyed a few days of cooler weather.

I did indeed find a few times to dance and sway around the house while you've visited me. I didn't dance with the fellow this month, but that's okay. Someday maybe there will be another opportunity. But, Luke and I have enjoyed some nice times at the park. We went on a picnic with two other dear friends, we've taken J to the park, and sat beneath our own handmade clouds for a time.  You brought about the official 8 months of our courtship and many good memories.

You've been a time of growing and adjusting to college. You've held challenges, but also incredible times.

September, I haven't been able to ride a ferris wheel yet. But, guess what? Yesterday I got to photograph one in the rain! Hooray, hooray! It was wonderful.

Ferris Wheel...


My dear September, I must bid you goodbye. But, I'm so very thankful for the many memory making times you held within your stay. Tomorrow I'll welcome October with a letter of greeting. Goodbye, September.

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. These new series are lovely.......are you going to print out your letters too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's actually a great idea! =) I hadn't thought of it.

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!