Tuesday, August 28, 2012

College adventure...

Book and I

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to have missed the Magnificent Monday  post yesterday. I hope that you had a very Magnificent Monday, friends!

But, you see, I began school on Monday. It was quite a grand adventure!

When I awoke early on Monday morning there was a part of me that was nervous. But, most of me was like Nemo from Finding Nemo. I felt like dancing around the kitchen and saying, "First day of school! First day of school!" (By the way, out of consideration to my slumbering family I simply whispered that quote.)

Momma took a very quick picture of me for my first day of school. It was sort of an amusing idea that I had before my first day of class. You see, I've been home educated up until this point. So, I've never had the typical "first day of school picture" taken until Monday. I smile thinking about it.

First day
  

Today I thought I would share a few things about my official beginning of college.

1. Even when you're tired and about to work on homework it is still good to take time to run outside and photograph a nearby butterfly.

Butterfly friend1

Butterfly friend2

2. Messy hair will happen in pictures and comfy sweaters are important when you have a 7:15am class.

Untitled

3. College is an adventure. Which might  include almost getting off of an elevator onto an office floor (instead of a classroom floor) only to be saved from being utterly lost by a matter of fact staff member. And, it might  include later walking off of said elevator onto the correct floor only to turn to the right (which leads to a dead end). And, after having begun walking the wrong way suddenly hearing the staff member simply call out, "This way."

The adventure of college might  also include laughing at yourself with your family later over how funny a picture those scenarios made.

Adventure

4. I'm excited to learn and so far I like each of my professors. They each seem passionate about teaching which makes me smile.

Untitled

All in all, I'm excited for this adventure. There are challenging aspects and I don't think that it is all going to be easy. Not everything is pleasant. But, I'm looking forward to taking it one day at a time and giving thanks along the way.

How was your Monday?

Simply,
Sarah
  

8 comments:

  1. I love this post. My first day of grad school is next week :) hope I have as much fun as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat! =)
      Aw...happy soon to be first day of school to you.
      I hope it is a great first day.

      Delete
  2. Love that shot with the backpack by the front yard tree... great photo!
    I think you are going to the community college...? Which campus? (private or here)
    Mike is at the River (T*TH, 3 classes) and down south (MW, super early with 2 classes on Monday and just one on Wed.). Are you riding the bus? Mike prefers the bus--go figure! LOL
    Congrats!! Onward and forward, this journey's begun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'll message you sometime soon more details.

      Thank you! Yes, it has begun! =)

      Delete
  3. Oh, and what did you do with the artwork? LOVE the Vol.1 and Poetry fonts...did you just write it or was it computer generated? I really like the look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artwork is actually a notebook I purchased from Target. I didn't make it. But, it is positively lovely! They had that design for notebooks and three ring binders.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I started my first classroom setting college classes last week; I wish I had thought to take a photo! I was home schooled too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope school is going well for you so far!

      I'm glad that I thought to take a picture. =)

      Thanks for taking time to comment!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!