Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Arm Party link up...


I recently had the honor to participate in the first ever Arm Party friendship bracelet exchange.

The fun event was hosted by Ilene and Leanora.
They matched up each participating blogger with another blogger to exchange bracelets with.

I was matched up with Stephanie. She blogs at Sand and Starfish if you would like to check out her blog! She has a wonderful beach-y theme and has sweet Mommy blog posts as well as updates on her handcrafted business. 

I sent off a bit of lovely crafted goodies to her and she sent two of her new wrist cuffs to me. (She hopes to sell them in her shop sometime.)

Want to see?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I must admit, that I was a bit unsure about these cuffs when they came in the mail. I have small hands and wrists, so cuffs, bangles, or any bulky bracelets aren't something I like to wear. But, I was pleasantly surprised that one of the cuffs went splendidly with the dress my Momma wore in the 80s that is now mine. The color and floral theme was a nice blend.

The cuffs are each an eclectic mix of fabrics, which I enjoy because it reminds me of how God can take an eclectic mix of people and bring them together into something beautiful. 

I'm glad that I was able to participate and I hope that Stephanie enjoys the bracelets I made for her.

Now I'm off to browse the link-up party and see what fun other bloggers had with this swap!

Simply,
Sarah

P.S. As I was playing with style ideas for the cuffs I had the idea that taking three of Stephanie's cuffs and snapping them together would make a very fun headband! If I had three I totally would have tried it out. It would be multifunctional as cuffs and a headband that way.

14 comments:

  1. Love yours it's so pretty and the fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you paired it w/ that dress!! so cute!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pleased with how well it went with the dress. =)

      Delete
  3. Yay!!!

    I'm so glad you like them :)
    I wouldn't have ever thought about taking a couple of them and turning them into a headband!! So creative!!

    I'm trying to get my computer to work so I can show off your bracelet but I might have a dead screen. Well, an all white screen. I've been trying to see if I can somehow do one from my phone or ipad but so far no luck :( I'm trying my hardest!! Because I love the bracelet!!

    Thanks Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sending them to me!

      You should definitely try the headband idea out. I think it would be super cute.

      I'm so sorry you had so much trouble with your computer.
      I'm glad you're able to post now.

      You're very welcome! I'm so happy that you liked it so much.

      Delete
  4. A fabric cuff, how awesome! The idea of putting three together to make a headband is all sorts of cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a wonderful job making them!

      Thanks! I think it would be a very cute headband. =)

      Delete
  5. Your bracelets are great and I love that you are wearing them with your mom’s old dress! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment!

      I'm glad that I stopped by your blog! =)

      Delete
  6. Those fabric cuffs are so cute!! They look especially cute with your outfit :)

    Jamie
    greyskysaturday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      She did a great job making them.
      I'm glad you liked how I styled them. =)

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!