Monday, July 2, 2012

When sunshine comes in flower form...

When it is Monday and you're sick, you can still find something magnificent to give thanks for.
Even when you've spent the entire weekend sick with a yucky virus there are still little magnificent things to be thankful for.

I've spent the entire weekend with a yucky virus. Today I'm feeling a smidgen better, but still sick. But, there have been some truly magnificent things to give thanks for.

I'm thankful for my precious family and how sweet they've been to me, all the glasses of water they've gotten me, the teddy grahams and orange juice, and all the extra times they've meaningfully said, "I love you. I hope you get feeling better soon."

And, there is this fellow that I'm, well, pretty fond of. He and I texted over the weekend and he knew I wasn't feeling well. So, guess what he did? He worked out a way to come by last night, give me sunshine in the form of flowers, a note that I cherish, and just sit and visit a little while. I'm overwhelmingly thankful.

So, on this Magnificent Monday, even though I'm still sick, even though I don't have much energy, there is still magnificence to enjoy. I'm enjoying three of those sunshine flowers in a mini vase sitting where I can see them from in my bed. I'm enjoying seeing the big bunch of the rest of the bouquet sitting in the kitchen every time I go drink yet another glass of water and take more medicine. Sometimes sunshine comes in the form of flowers.

The cheerful trio


What is one magnificent thing about your Monday?

May your Mondays be Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. feel better soon dear Sarah. I'm glad you can still see thing on the bright side while feeling sick. The best of luck to you. -Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sabine! Your comment made me smile.
      Even amidst the not so great times I'm called to rejoice.
      I don't always live that out well, but by grace I have joy amidst the sunshine days and amidst the more difficult times.

      Delete
  2. aww i'm so sorry you don't feel well, thats never good...but i'm glad you're in such a good mood ha (i never am when i'm sick)!

    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment!
      I thankfully seem to finally be over the virus now.
      I'm not always in a good mood, but I've been learning to rejoice always and to be thankful amidst the good and the not so good too.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Sarah -

    I am just back from a 3-week trip and trying to catch up. So sorry to hear you haven't been well this week...but how sweet that your admirer brought you flowers and a nice note! Wow, that is just awesome! I know how much little gestures like that mean when you are feeling bad.

    Hope you feel better soon - and I love the new look of your blog!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sue!

      I'm so glad that your blog silence was due to something pleasant like a vacation and not due to health issues. From your blog it looks like you and your family had a great time!

      Thank you. I'm finally feeling better now. Whatever the virus was it really took me down for a good bit. But, I'm so thankfully for feeling better now!
      Yes, he is so very sweet and I was so overwhelmingly blessed by his kindness. Little gestures mean so very much.

      Thank you! I'm glad you like the new look! I'm very pleased with it too!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're feeling much better, and that is so sweet of him to do that! It's great how things are able to lighten up with a small act of kindness ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling much better now.
      Yes, it was very sweet of him. =)
      I feel overwhelmingly blessed.

      Yes, you never know how much a small act of kindness or thoughtfulness can impact the life of another.

      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!