Thursday, July 5, 2012

The fireworks and the moon...

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a bit of time to thank everyone for the sweet comments when I was sick. That virus was quite rough. But, thankfully yesterday I was feeling much better and able to go and celebrate Independence Day with a wonderful group of people. It was a blessed time and I'm very thankful for it. And, today I continue to feel well! Hooray!

Last night, part of the celebrations were expressed by partaking in the watching of fireworks. It was a nice time to simply sit and enjoy the moment. There are moments of simply being and enjoying that are special. And, sitting there gazing at the fireworks was one of those moments.

Later on in the evening I was riding in the car to meet up with a few other friends. Suddenly, I saw the moon in the sky. It was glorious! There were fireworks going off when I looked to my left and there was the big bright moon to my right. I had a realization in that moment riding in the car-

I prefer watching the  moon over watching fireworks. 

I smiled thinking of how odd that might seem to some. Yet, as I sat staring at the moon I realized how true that is for me. Now, it is not that I dislike fireworks or that I didn't enjoy sitting and watching them earlier in the evening. But, I realized that if I were to choose between the two that I would choose the moon. I would choose the moon in all its glorious, glowing, and distant state.

These are older pictures that I took back in January of this year, but they fit this post very well...



What do you think?
Would you prefer to sit and gaze upon the moon or sit beneath the explosion of fireworks?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. The moon. Definitely the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon was lovely . . . Funny story: So when I got to my friends house their neighbors were doing fireworks outside. Way awesome show! Next year we need to remember this. . . Kelly

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!