Monday, July 23, 2012

A joyful heart...

Heart in hand


Today I awoke and began the day with prayer. I asked for strength and guidance as I went about the day. I asked for joy amidst the difficult and the sunshine-y circumstances. For, true joy is not found in circumstances. A joyful heart can be amidst even difficult times.

Today is the first full day that I'm carrying more responsibility for my family and the house. You see, my precious Momma is off visiting her mom for two weeks. While she is away I have much more responsibility to take on. Yesterday, I was overwhelmed a bit. I spilled a few tears amidst musical worship last night and as I surrendered my anxiety to God, He granted the peace that surpasses all understanding.

On this Magnificent Monday  God has been teaching me that there is incredible joy amidst completing house work well. I've served my family by going about cleaning, waking up others with gentle "good morning" greetings, and so on.

God has graced my heart with many a song to sing as I work.
He has graced me with speaking to me through scripture.

Romans 5:6-11,
"6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."

He has truly given grace upon grace through Jesus.
I rejoice in Him.

Today I'm learning lessons in joy, in serving, and in laying down my life at the start of the day with whispered prayers of, "Use me for your glory to bless and share truth in love with others today."

Today is truly a Magnificent Monday!

It is particularly Magnificent because of the new reality of Jesus Christ and the grace which I have through Him.

Today I've also begun writing a list of thanks for this year in list form.

Today I'm thankful for...

Tears spilled amidst times of praise,
Singing hymns to bring glory to Him,
The way He is changing me for His glory,
The joy in honoring Him with housework well done in the morning,
The joy of sharing a good morning greeting to a sleepy one,
Journals to spill ink withinm
God's grace,
And, for a red cardinal bird standing upon a branch near a contrasting white wall in the morning sunshine.

This week I'm looking forward to the possibilities of...

Going to a park for fun and a picnic,
Continuing to learn as I read,
Taking care of the last of college tasks needed before classes begin,
Spending time with my dear family,
And, continuing to share truth in love.

What is Magnificent about your Monday?
What are you thankful for or looking forward to this week?

Simply,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, the Lord put you on my heart this afternoon so it made me smile a little extra to see your comment on my blog this evening! I SO remember those feelings of being in charge of the household for the first time; and I remember the tears too! Praying for you now, that the Lord will continue to give you strength and joy in each and all of your tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Sadee!
      Your comment, knowing that you've been praying for me, and your encouragement blessed me so very much.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful post! I love it that God gives us such peace when we pour out our worries to him. I also love getting joy from housework!
    Glad you had such a good Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! Yes, His peace is truly wonderful. =)

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!