Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Health update: This blessed state…

     Hello everyone!
I realize that I haven’t specifically written a CFS/FM health update in awhile. So, today I’ve decided to do that.
     I’m going to be honest and state that I’m amazed at this blessed state my health continues to be in. Since I first became ill way back in 2009 this is honestly the best that my health has been! I can do more; I’ve swam, walked farther, stayed out longer, sat up for long periods of time, been able to study well, written more, gone shopping more frequently, and so much more. All of those things at one point or another simply weren’t possible for me. Yet, now they are. 
     Over all, my health is amazing. I still have to make it a priority to get rest and if I overdo I still crash sometimes. Though, the crash is so much smaller than my crashes used to be. Usually these days if I have a crash it means that I end up being exhausted and sleeping for 2-4 hours, maybe having some Fibro pain, sometimes a sore throat, and feeling sort of worn out for the rest of the day. But, that is still so much better than the multiple day long or sometimes over a week long crashes I used to experience.
     I have noticed that my body doesn’t respond well to thunderstorms most of the time. Lately any time there has been a thunderstorm building up (even if I didn’t know it at the time) I’ve had a flair-up of my Fibromyalgia pain. Sometimes it has been pretty awful, but over all I simply ride it out until I feel better. 
     I also still try to be careful about what I eat and I have a weird digestive system that doesn’t always act very “happy”. 
     But, as I look back on where I used to be these current slight symptoms or life style choices seem so miniscule. I’m living and enjoying life so very much these days! And, I’m grateful for every bit of improvement that I’m living in.    
     I do not take for granted this current state of health and I'm so very thankful. I hope that as doctors learn more about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia that many more people will be able to enjoy an improved state of health too! I know how hard these illnesses can be. I'm so thankful for the support that I've had and continue to have as I live with these illnesses.

     There you have a health update!

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!