Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Graduation...

Hello everyone!

So much has happened lately and I feel as though it will take a few posts to share all of it with you.

But, I thought I would begin with a graduation post.
Last week I graduated. It was and is exciting as well as a little overwhelming. I'm so thankful that my health has been so well this year that I could experience this closing chapter and begin dreaming and making plans for a new chapter/adventure. I have that blank canvas and I'm ready to begin making those first brush strokes. 

For the graduation ceremony I was asked to share a poem/spoken word as part of the beginning. I wrote a poem about graduation day and the significance of it.

Here is a picture...


It was a wonderful time of celebration and I was blessed to see and visit with so many different people that have blessed my life through the years. Here are just a few of the pictures of some of those wonderful people...

This couple has been such a blessing in my life. And, I truly adore their precious boys.
This lovely lady was a teacher of mine when I was a little girl in the A.W.A.N.A. program. She is such a blessing to me.
My precious friend and "sister" Sara Beth! I love her so very much.
These two are such a wonderful and godly couple. The lady to my right was my mentor for years and is very dear to me.
This is my amazing drama teacher, speech coach, and I also took one of her literature classes. She is amazing and such an inspiration to me.
I'm so thankful for these two and their prayers, love, and support throughout the years.
My gorgeous friend Molly, Luke and I. We're graduates!

And, this post would not be complete if I didn't share a picture of Luke, his new mandolin and I. The mandolin was a surprise graduation gift for him from his parents. He was just a little excited to say the least. (I was excited too, though, understandably not as much as him.)


All in all, graduation day was wonderful!

This week I hope to share...

A cupcake post/DIY cupcake toppers,
A fun photo shoot,
Pictures of beautiful fresh flowers,
A DIY for angry bird themed fruit pizza,
Maybe my very first vlog,
A crochet project,
And other odds and ends.

This week I'm looking forward to...

Restful times around the house,
Spending some much needed time with my family,
Beginning to set some goals for this next chapter of life,
Giving my parents their anniversary gift,
And, reading. 

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!