Monday, April 30, 2012

Time for an exciting story...

Hello everyone!

It's another Magnificent Monday around here.
Last week there were some truly wonderful times and some truly difficult times.

Today though, I'm taking time to share some exciting things. In fact, I have a very exciting poem/story to share. It is also an in depth introduction to a pretty special someone, so, read on, dear readers.

Read on... 


I have a story to tell.
It's a story still in progress,
Still unfolding,
But, it seems that the beginning chapter is ready to be told.
Though the pen of the story is one that neither of the main characters hold.
We rest knowing that the ultimate Writer is truly in control.

I don't know when it began for sure.
We've been friends for at least two years.
I've held him in great respect and great esteem
As I’ve observed him in times around others and around me.
In class settings he made me want to work harder-
Because, he works hard and is, well, smarter.
I noticed his thoughtfulness and the way he acted
With such a gentlemanly care.
But, I never really thought more than friendship would ever be there.

I don't know when that changed.
I can’t give you a moment, time, or date.
Perhaps it began when we were talking,
I just enjoyed hearing what he had to say.
Or, maybe it started when I noticed he might be taking an interest…
…in me?
Taking interest-
I thought that he might,
But, being the practical gal that I am
I swiftly would shrug off such a notion,
Cast it aside,
Not allowing it to reside within my mind.
"Stop being silly!"
I'd tell myself.
Or,
"You're letting your imagination run wild!"
But, the little things I noticed continued on,
One little moment at a time.
After each little moment it became harder to shrug off the thoughts,
To not begin to dream a little inside,
The questions and possibilities began to swirl in my mind.

Then, came the night he asked me to dance.
This fellow that almost never danced.
I was shocked and I was pleased.
It was after that I began to think that maybe he really was
Interested in simple me.
I spoke with my parents,
Shared my thoughts.
And, together we prayed.
Then I wrote in my journal and prayed a lot.

I showed little hints of interest to him,
Just enough to let him know that I was interested too.
But, I wanted him to be the one to pursue.
I wouldn't take the initiator's step.
So, I waited,
I prayed,
And I tried to stay emotionally well kept.

Unbeknownst to me,
This fellow had been praying too,
And talking to his parents about what he should do.
He secretly met with my father
And asked him,
"May I court your daughter?"
My Papa Bear was impressed and so he answered with a,
“Yes.”
They talked of me,
And Daddy shared wisdom with he.

Then I was in for a surprise.
Off I went on a seemingly ordinary car ride
To arrive early at a birthday party for the guy
Daddy came up with some excuse to be there at that particular time,
 In the back of my mind I kept thinking inside,
“Something fishy is going on…”
For a moment I even thought that maybe he and my Daddy had actually talked!
But, then of course I vanquished such a silly-nilly thought.
No good would come of daydreaming so,
I reminded my simple self.
Yet, there I was standing inside of his house.
Then it happened,
 The fellow asked me to step outside with him to talk awhile.
So, out the back door to the patio we went,
Me with a confused look I’m sure on my face
And, he with a nervous smile.

I sat and he shared a compound word
It was a code so that when it I heard
I would know that he had spoken with my Dad.
Then, he asked me if I would like to court.
To which I made exuberant sounds of joyfulness,
And said a very happy,
“Yes!”
To my shock, he wasn’t done,
He then asked me to go to prom-
This guy that said he would never go,
Changed his mind.
I almost couldn’t believe it was so!
And, sometimes it’s hard to believe it’s true,
But my Momma says,
“Sarah, he changed his mind because of you.”

Now we’re getting to know each other,
In a relationship adventure.
We have a purposeful equation for our time together.
And healthy boundaries set in place.
With wisdom-speakers sharing truth with patience, love, and grace.
Our relational equation as he recently expressed-
1/3 time together along with friends,
1/3 time spent together with family,
And, 1/3 times together just the two of us.
I think that sums it up quite nice,
And, when I called it a “circle graph”, he just smiled.
(I’m not very mathematically inclined.)

He’s far more mathematical and a deeper thinker.
Yet creatively artistic in music too.
I'm the word gal who is comfortable with a pen
And has more emotional whims.
But, both our hearts belong to Daddy God,
And we both above all else desire to honor and glorify Him.

So,
Here we are on this adventure.
Courtship.
Yes, it’s that old fashioned term with a capital “C”.
But, please don’t panic or think that means
That I think my story is what yours should one day be.
Remember, I’m not the one writing it.
We’re getting to know each other with healthy boundaries in place.
We grow, we learn, we enjoy, and in some things we wait.
This is an adventure-
An adventure to enjoy.
Not to rush,
Not to stress,
Instead to let Him lead.
I've waited on relationships,
Now I get to know him,
And, he gets to know me.
I don’t know how this will unfold,
But, I’m thankful for him.
Now after all the anticipation, I may have produced
I would like to introduce…
Luke. 


So, I'm pleased to share that back in January Luke and I began our courtship.
We've been keeping it pretty quiet for awhile, but now I'm pleased and excited to share.

If you can't tell, I'm just a little excited. And, I'm very thankful for this relationship.
Luke is an utmost gentleman.
I'm constantly amazed by his thoughtfulness and consideration.
He is understanding when it comes to my health which means so very much.
My respect for him continues to grow as I get to know him better.

We both have our imperfections, we both make mistakes, but I'm so very thankful for this relationship.

Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed reading the exciting news in poem form!

And, I hope you're having a truly Magnificent Monday!

Simply,
Sarah

Edit- This week I decided that I wanted to link up this post with imperfect prose.
My poem isn't all clean, neat and perfected. And, the story of this courtship has just begun, but I'm so thankful for it. Amidst the imperfections of two individuals we're growing, learning, and getting to know one another in this courtship relationship. And, to me, that is incredibly beautiful and redemptive seeing how big picture and in the details of life our God is.




Imperfect Prose Link-up Button.

22 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to tell your story! You look wonderful together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah!
      You're very sweet to leave such a kind comment. =)

      Delete
  2. This is too sweet! Congratulations on your courtship :) I'll be praying for you both!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Emily!
      Thanks for the congratulations and the prayers.

      I hope you're having a great Monday! =)

      Delete
    2. awww girl this brought me back to my dating days. it's all just so exciting...especially that first time you hold hands;) he sounds like a keeper. that he talked to your dad just blows me away. that's pretty mature. have fun:)

      Delete
    3. =) Aw...thanks, Becky!

      Yeah, so long as it is in God's will I think he is a keeper too.
      Yes, it was very mature.
      I'm extremely thankful for him and my wonderful Daddy too.

      Thanks for leaving such an enthusiastic comment!

      Delete
  3. Aww, so sweet. I liked the "equation"-very mature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very dear Sarah. I have somehow lumped you, in my mind and heart, in with my grandchildren. A couple of them are about your age.
    I am so proud of you and Luke. I'll be praying for you.
    This was so beautifully written - just a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...Linda, you bless me so much!
      I imagine you are a truly wonderful Grandmother. =)
      Your grandchildren are blessed to have you. And I'm blessed to "know" you through the blogging community.

      Thank you so much! I appreciate your prayers.
      I'm glad that you thought it was beautifully written.

      Delete
  5. This is just so exciting!!! Such a cute picture of the two of you together, and so wonderful that he respects you and your family so much. Congratulations, Sarah and Luke! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sadee!!!
      I like the picture too.
      My sister took lots of lovely prom pictures for us that day.
      Yes, I feel overwhelmingly blessed by his respect.
      Thank you again! =)

      Delete
  6. very cool...enjoy that journey as you get to know each other...i like how gentleman-ly he is being as well...and that you are seeking balance as well....this made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =)
      I'm glad that it made you smile.

      Delete
  7. You are so creative, the words are absolutely perfect! May God keep blessing your friendship with Luke to hopefully last a lifetime.

    much love,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley!
      You're so very kind.

      Delete
  8. You both sound like you have your heads on straight. I wish I'd had so much good sense when I was younger; I would have saved myself a whole heap of trouble. I have a feeling this story will turn out well even if it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandee! Thanks for leaving a thoughtful comment.

      Delete
  9. oh you both look so beautiful together, friend... i'm so happy for you :) yayyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily. =)
      Your comments always bless my heart.

      Delete
  10. DElightful poem, full of the joys of youth and new beginnings, so gently hinted at and beautifully described..keep on writing and nurture your relationships xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment!
      I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

      Yes, I will most certainly continue writing and nurturing the relationships I'm so very blessed with.

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!