Saturday, April 28, 2012

He left a legacy...

Tonight, I hosted a party for a group of friends.
We're graduating.
A chapter of our lives is closing and another one will be unfolding.
Yet, we don't know what the future holds for sure.

Today, an incredible, godly, and wise young man died.
He will be missed.
His name- Joey.
The last facebook status he posted-


“Dear heavenly Father, make us into your people. Knit our hearts together till we are one as you and Your Son are one. May death enter all our sinful nature and be cast off. Let us breath Your air and see Your light and follow your path. Guide us on the Way, fill is with the Truth, may Your Life pour out of us like a raging river, bringing its nature to all in whom it comes in contact with. Open our eyes to see and clear out our ears to hear. Touch our hearts so they are set, fixed on you. That every breath we breath would issue forth your praise, and every deed usher in Your kingdom. Until every thing in heaven and earth is subject to the Lordship of Christ. Amen

An encouragement, for those who are helpless, hopeless, and broken before Him.” 

If ever there was a testimony, a legacy to leave, not only on Facebook, but in life, that is the legacy worth leaving. I'm so thankful for the ways that God used Joey to impact my life. Though my heart is sad, my heart is also happy and at peace. He is with God for eternity. 

I'm thankful for Joey's encouraging words. The inspiration that he was and is.
He encouraged me to share at an open mic the heart-speak of poetry.
He lived as a light.
Not perfect, but he never would have claimed perfection.
He lived a life made new, a life saved by grace.

Life has unexpected twists and turns. We aren't promised a tomorrow.
So, we ought to live wisely, live truly, live wholly today.

Matthew 6:9-13
 
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
 
Your kingdom come,
your will be done, 
on earth as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread,  
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors. 
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."

Simply,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!