Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wyatt's first day of Spring...

There once was a rabbit named Wyatt.

He had a brave little heart, soft brown ears,  wore a rather dapper brown bow-tie, and longed to go on an adventure.

So, on the very first day of spring he told his dear friend Sarah, "Goodbye!"
Then, he selected just the right sized basket-boat and set sail upon the grassy sea in search of adventure.    



Wyatt's adventures were going well.
He passed the incredible rock cliffs, sea-weeds, and other interesting things.

But, suddenly, Wyatt encountered a grass-sea beast!

It was the dreaded Sea-Dog that loved to devour little stuffed rabbits...(Don't be fooled by her sweet face!)


Wyatt and the Sea-Dog had a bit of a skirmish and poor Wyatt's boat crashed!


Wyatt was worried that he would be lost in the grassy-sea forever.
But, suddenly, Wyatt's dear friend Sarah was there!
She rescued him from the dreaded Sea-Dog and took him back home to safety.

Wyatt joyfully said, "Thank you for saving me! How did you find me, friend?"
Sarah smiled and said, "I heard that the dreaded Sea-Dog was in the area where you set off for adventure and ran as fast as I could to make sure you were okay!"

Wyatt was glad that Sarah had cared so much as to rescue him from the Sea-Dog.

The duo headed home and were glad for the simple time together.
Wyatt had enough adventure for one spring day and was happy just to be in Sarah's hand.

The End.

For those of you that are crafty and would like to know how to make your own little rabbit friend here are the details:

Pattern: Bella the Bunny by Lionbrand. (You will have to create/login to a lionbrand account to view the pattern. But, the good news is that it is free to create an account with them!)
Yarn: I used scraps of three different yarns. (I couldn't tell you what color or brand they were since their labels are long gone.)

It was an easy and delightful pattern to follow!
The changes that I made were stitching the eyes with yarn, not stuffing the arms, and making him a chain-stitched bow-tie.

I hope you enjoyed the story. I can be rather imaginative and a daydreamer sometimes.
Speaking of which, there was a little neighbor boy simply entranced by watching an "adult" pose for pictures with a stuffed rabbit. My family laughed at me when I walked in after the photo-shoot and announced, "I must be quite an anomaly to him!"
I'm so glad that my family loves me, my frequent wordiness, and my sometimes odd creative whims.

If you make your own little rabbit pal I'd love to hear about it!

Happy first day of spring!

Simply,
Sarah
The Daydream Darling

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing, Sarah! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I'm glad you enjoyed it! =)

      Delete
  2. what a cute bunny! Thank you for sharing how to make one of our own! :) Hope you have a splendid thursday Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're very welcome. I'm glad that I could share.
      My Thursday has been rather marvelous. I hope it was a good day for you too!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!