Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Text chimes and bird songs...

When I awoke to the chiming sound of texts come fluttering in and I grumbled in my tired mind,

"Who is writing at such a time of day?
This is not the time that I had hoped my day would begin."

But, when I took the phone in hand my grumbles ceased their sounds.
Instead my heart was filled with joy as I read the texts from a dear friend. 
She had begun the morning well and couldn't help sharing her overflowing joy.

I rejoiced over and prayed for her and those that were on my mind.
Then, I heard the birds.
They were singing their good-morning song. I dashed on jeans, a sweater, and my beaded shoes then out to the backyard I flew.
(Maybe I didn't truly fly, but in that moment it felt like flying.)
I went and sat upon the cool steps this cloudy-turned-blue-sky morning.
I sat and enjoyed the way the birds sang to celebrate the day.

After taking time to journal, read, and photograph a bit I heard another lovely sound...
The bells down the road chimed,

1,
     2,
          3,
               4,
                    5,
                         6,
                              7,
                                   8...

It had been a very long time since I had been outside to hear the bells chime that early in the morning.
It had been a long time since I had sat and listened to the birds sing their early morning songs.
It was a wonderful way to begin the day and a wonderful time to rejoice.

To begin the day with grumbles is not a lovely thing.
But, when grumbles are transformed to rejoicing my feet want to dance a bit and my voice can't help but sing. 

Psalm 92:1-4, 

"1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
2  to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,
3  to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
4  For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy."

Life is full of little moments and memories...

Early morning sky.
Mourning Dove. One of my favorite birds.
Lens-cap, journal, pen, Bible, and camera in hand make for a nice porch time.
Early morning wonder- when you roll out of bed and jump into adventure of the moment.
My sweet Annie Girl.
Dandelion moment.
Having little adventures and making memories.
When was the last time you listened to birds sing their morning songs?
What moments have you taken time to enjoy today?

Simply,
Sarah
The Daydream Darling 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!