Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sentimentality...

Happy weekend to you!

On this spring afternoon I thought that I would share a little bit of sentimentality.
Yesterday I received the official prom invitation in the mail. It was very gold themed and maybe just a little over the top in the gold department. But, if any event is allowed to be a little over the top maybe it is prom. The scroll part of the invitation was very nice though and I know that whoever put all of those together went to a lot of work. All in all, receiving the official invitation made me all the more excited.

And, I have a confession. Last night, after I promptly showed the invitation to my parents I took the little bit of gold cord that was wrapped around the scroll and turned it into a bracelet.

Yes, I am that sentimental.


With prom coming up in mere weeks it feels a bit fun to be able to wear a little piece of the excitement right on my wrist.  I'm wearing it as I type this very post.

As so many aspects of chapters of life come to a close this spring I have a feeling I'll be all the more sentimental.  

Are you sentimental?
Have you ever worn or held onto something seemingly insignificant for sentimentality's sake?

Simply,
Sarah
The Daydream Darling 

P.S. The first thing that comes to mind each time I hear the word "sentimental" the song Sentimental Journey sung by Doris Day begins to play in my head. 

2 comments:

  1. Frequently when I hear sentimental I always think of Meg March being sentimental and Jo hating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile, Rachel!
      And, it made me want to go re-read that book. Goodness, it's been such a very long time since I last read it.

      I hope you are having a great weekend!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!