Monday, March 5, 2012

Magnificent Monday: Tea-time gifts...

Hello everyone!

It's Monday which means it is time for another Magnificent Monday post! I first began writing the posts in this series because so many people spend their Mondays down, grumbling, and so on. Instead of participating in the typical "moody Mondays" I do my best to find things to celebrate each Monday.

After all, Mondays can be rather magnificent!

This Monday I'm getting over a bit of a cold. All in all, I was blessed to accomplish a bit of cleaning, GED course work, and a few different things around the house, as well as rest. I took a bit of time to photograph a few lovely gifts that I received on Sunday too!

A very sweet new friend of mine blessed me with a new tea-mug, a little nifty "steeper", and herbal tea. All packaged prettily in tissue paper and tied up with ribbon and straw string. (Later this week I plan to share a post about my new tea adventure since I'm used to tea-bags and such instead of using a steeper and loose tea. I'm very excited to try each of the lovely teas.)

I'm so thankful for the gifts. When people bless me with thoughtful gifts it majorly impacts me. But, the reason it impacts me is not because of how much money was spent or because I really want a lot of "stuff". I'm impacted because the objects are merely a symbol of the love, thoughtfulness, creativity, friendship, and so on that came with the gifts. Every time I look at that mug, use the steeper, drink the tea, and wear the ribbon in my hair, I will think of Laura and those items will remind me of her love and kindness. That is how so many different items I have about my room are. I can tell you the memories, love, kindness, and encouragement behind each of them.

Now, on to the photos!

Flickr: Link
Flickr: Link

What are some ways that you've celebrated this Magnificent Monday?
Have you ever received gifts that are symbolic to you of the love, thoughtfulness, friendship, and so on behind them?

May your Mondays be Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. http://dramaticelegance.blogspot.com/2012/01/beginnings-seventh-giveaway.html

    you won item no. 3 in my giveaway! can you send me your address, post haste, lovely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Rachel! I sent an email your way.

      Delete
  2. just found your blog, so lovely :) i look forward to reading more!

    God bless, girl!

    XO
    erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Erin!
      I'm glad to have "met" you in the blog world.

      -Sarah

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!