Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day has come and passed...

Love is in the air ....
This photo is a bit how I feel today. Hopeful, light, cheerful, fresh, and so on. It was taken by the very talented Nina Matthews. She takes some of the most beautiful flower pictures I've ever seen in my life. Flickr: Link


Friendship is such a precious thing.

The blessing of hugs, smiles, laughter, heart-to-hearts, speaking love in the dialect that the other best receives, prayers, encouragements, truth-in-love, and silliness too are all beautiful contributing memories.

I spent my Valentine's evening with family and a dear friend. My family and I gathered around the table, turned off the overhead lights, lit over six candles, and let the cool air blow through the open windows. There was yummy Italian food and love to abound. My Momma baked an apple pie and told use we are all the apple of her eye.

I love my family.

Then, it was off for gelato with my dear Sweet Friend. I gave her a hand doodled card filled up with words. She gave me a gift and blessed me with words as well. Friendship is such a precious thing. We talked, we shared, we laughed, we enjoyed. We explored a bookstore and celebrated little joys. She is such a blessing to me.

I had a lovely Valentine's day. I'm glad that it was spent with my family and Sara Beth.

Someday, if the time is right, there will be romance for me on a Valentine's night.
But, I don't want it rushed.
As my Sweet Friend put my words into a word picture- I don't want to rush romance with a guy. It would be like picking fruit before it was ripe. I will enjoy it instead when the timing is right. Someday, God willing, romantic fruit will be ripe and I will cherish every precious bite.

And, you know what? Spending Valentine's Day with my family and one of my dearest friends is really a great way to enjoy the time.

Before I went off to bed I took time to write in journals the words of my heart and my head.
I desire to continue to and better live out love. Not the "just February 14th" love, but love as is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 13.

I fell asleep and woke to a lovely rain.
I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and that today you are smiling over the memories of yesterday and the newness of today.

Another Valentine's Day has come and passed, but I've made precious memories and grown in ways that will last.

Simply,
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!