Monday, February 6, 2012

Taking a self portrait...

Tonight I came across a blog link up party for self portraits over at The Paper Mama. I thought I would take part in the fun.

So, I pulled out my Desi and took a few pictures. I chose to take a picture just as I am today; make-up free. It makes me sad how often gals I know feel that they aren't beautiful without their make-up on.
And, if I'm honest, sometimes that mentality can try to creep into my mind too. I've got blemishes, scars, not incredibly white teeth, and so on. Sometimes that little thought sneaks in, "Maybe I'm not pretty enough if I don't put make-up on today." But, that simply isn't true!

Ladies, there is such loveliness with or without make-up!

For my self portrait I'm proclaiming the beauty that there really is without a single dab of make-up on.
 


For those of you coming over from the link-up party, thank you for stopping by! I'm a simple gal (named Sarah) that is a mixture of an old-soul and a child at heart. There is so much joy even in the midst of the ups and downs of life.

Here are a few "currently"s...

Obsessing over…
Thankfulness.

Working on…
GED, crocheting, cleaning.

Thinking about…
Starting my own Etsy business, the joys of life, and getting a book as soon as possible.

Anticipating…
The newness of tomorrow...

Listening to…
Audrey Assad channel on Pandora.

Eating…

Nothing at the moment. Though, I enjoyed a yummy Strawberry banana smoothy today!

Wishing…
=)

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!