Monday, February 13, 2012

Magnificent Monday: Moments and Memories...

Hello everyone!

It is another Magnificent Monday!

I would like to begin by thanking everyone who left sweet comments when I had a Fibromyalgia flare-up last week. It was so very sweet and encouraging.

I'm happy to share that after resting Friday and a good bit Saturday I was feeling back to mostly normal and even able to go spend some time with a few wonderful people on Saturday night. Yesterday was a full day, but very good. It was good to spend time in community and worshiping God.

My weekend was filled full of moments and memories.
Moments and memories that have caused me to take a pen in hand and spill ink onto many pages.
Moments and memories that I reflect on.
Moments and memories I give thanks for.
And, moments and memories I take a bit of typing time to share with you today.

Water drips as memories flow...
I took this picture and it reminded me of contemplation. When contemplating memories and moments I often sit and reflect upon the little details that are amidst the whole of the memory.

-Moments and Memories of the Weekend-

Resting during the day.
The loveliness of a new light-bulb replacing the burned out one in the bathroom.
The love of my family teasing me and laughing with me.
Car rides with Momma.
Playing boggle and being amazed at the talent of other players.
Playing sequence and winning twice with my teammate.
Laughing, talking, and enjoying on Saturday night.
Car rides home and front porch hugs before goodbyes.
French toast on Sunday morning made by Daddy.
Tea, prayer, musical worship, reading Psalm 42, and singing harmonies in the morning.
Littlest brother's hugs, kisses, and loving kindness during the service. (He melts my heart.)
Pleasant surprises.
Sitting and listening to the message and teaching.
God impacting the depths of my heart with the message.
An afternoon nap.
Enjoying the surprise of a song on the afternoon car ride.
Stretching my brain as I took pre-tests.
Smiling.
Feeling worn, but blessed.
Celebrating God's goodness with friends.
Sharing (in the room painted green) with people who are living light.
Heart aching for the brokenness and hurting in this world.
Daddy coming and driving us home.
A strawberry banana smoothie.
Snuggle times and good talks with Momma.
Momma reminding my silly over-thinker, over-planner, and over-worrier heart (in regards to the future and what to do after graduation) that, "We don't have to have it all figured out. We don't have to have it all figured out this month, week, today, or tonight. Breathe."
Good talks, snuggles, and prayers with Sissy.
Daddy falling asleep while I sat in the room.
The pleasantness of dreaming and looking forward to a new week.

What are some of the moments and memories of your weekend?
I would enjoy hearing about some of them in the comments.

I hope your Monday is truly Magnificent!

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely list!! I keep a Joy Journal but am often too tired at bedtime to remember to write in it! I may take your idea and write about joys on my blog once a week.

    I LOVE Boggle - one of my favorite games of all time!

    Glad you had a nice weekend :)

    Thanks for the inspiration -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue!

    I'm so glad to hear that my little post inspired you. I think that is a great idea! I would enjoy reading those posts. =)

    I saw on your blog today that you and Jamie had a difficult week. =( I hope you continue to have better days this week and that Jamie feels better soon! Praying for you both and the difficulties with the school.

    Boggle is so much fun! I really enjoyed playing it this weekend. I'm glad to know it is one of your favorites. Have you ever heard of a game called The Last Word? If not, I think you might enjoy it. =)

    Thank you. =)

    I'm glad that it was inspirational.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!