Monday, February 6, 2012

A Magnificent Monday and a Raven...

Hello everyone!

It's another Magnificent Monday! Life has been wonderfully exciting and full lately. My health continues to be in a steady place, the relationships in my life are going well, the GED course work is going very well, and God is growing me in many ways.

Today I wanted to share two pictures of the completed gift I mentioned I was working on in an earlier post.
I'm afraid the pictures didn't come out exactly right, but I hope you enjoy seeing them.

This particular gift was a very creative project for me. The gift receiver's favorite poem is The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe and I incorporated a favorite line into the gift. I found the lettering and the basic raven image online. I then wrote out a pattern on graph paper and stitched the piece. It was the biggest cross-stitch project I've ever taken on. But, seeing the smile on the face of the receiver made every stitch more than worth it.

Here are two pictures of the art...



So, there you have a brief update on me. I hope you are well!
I've been a bit lacking when it comes to blogging lately, but I hope to get back into the swing now.

How are you?
Is February off to a good start for you?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled to hear you are doing well these days!

    And you are so wonderfully creative! This is beautiful.

    Glad you are doing well and feeling happy.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Sue!
    I wake up thankful for my current state of health each morning.

    Thank you! I really enjoyed creating it.

    Thank you!
    Your kind blog comments always place a smile on my face.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!