Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A little bit of lately...

Hello everyone!

This week I've sat down to write a blog post many different times, but I feel as though my mind is dizzy with subjects to write about. Have you heard of writer's block? Well, lately I feel as though I have the opposite...writer's overload. There are so many different subjects, updates, creative ideas, or so on that I could write about, but I don't know how to choose.

Well, on this leap day I felt it was time to simply leap into writing a post. The title A Little Bit of Lately came to my mind as I sat down to write. So, I thought I would simply share a little bit of my lately.

A little bit lately is a mixture of my life.
The mixture that makes up my lately is a blended concoction of the daily, the moments, the exciting, the hopeful, the real, and the so on.
Some of my lately is spent with my studies for the GED. Some of the studies come from a book, some take place on my laptop, or some in the meetings with my "coach".

A lot of my lately is spent with my wonderful family. There are so many moments with family that I cherish. Some are the simple daily things and some are the extra special memory making moments.
There are moments of the mundane. But the mundane and the ordinary make up so many of the memories, the moments, and the joys.

Some of my moments of the mundane...

Moments of the mundane: Spending time outside with Annie.

Moments of the mundane: Sister going about chores of the day. Sweeping the dirt away as spring seems to have arrived.

Moments of the mundane: Littlest brother's orange peel.

Moments of the mundane: Turning the page for the new month that comes tomorrow.
 Then there are moments that are extra special.

Moments of extra special...

Standing up and sharing my poem at the open mic.
Talking with others about the poem.
Watching my friends be creative.
Spending my Friday night watching Geek Charming, laughing, playing a musical game, and sitting out under the stars with my precious sister.
Spending Saturday with friends.
Moments of raw humility.
Little brother coming and hugging me during church as I sat with someone else. 
Enjoying cool breezes and sunshine with my sister on the swing.
Spending Tuesday night sistershipping.
Being creative with Sara Beth.

And...
Moments of finding new little flower-weeds in the yard. And, the moments of plucking one and pinning it into my hair for part of the evening.
That is a little bit of my lately.

Have you ever had writer's overload?
What are some of you moments of the mundane and moments of extra special lately?

Simply,
Sarah



2 comments:

  1. Annie is so cute! Thanks for writing a great post, and I hope your writer's overload gets filtered to some wonderful blog posts, like I'm sure they will! hope you're having a wonderful leap day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a very sweet dog. =)

      Thank you so much for complimenting the post! You leave such encouraging comments. =D

      I hope you are well and having a good Monday!

      Delete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!