Monday, January 2, 2012

Dreaming of snow...

Hello everyone!

This is my first post of the new year. The year is so new that I'm still accidentally writing 2011 instead of 2012 within the pages of my journal.

Dream of snow...


Where I live snow is very special. It doesn't happen often and so it is an experience that I cherish very much when we get to enjoy it.

It hasn't snowed recently, in fact, the snow in that picture is completely created by Picnik photo editor. 

When I created the picture I think there was a lot going on within my mind. I was dwelling on the winter and the beauty and the specialness of snow. And, just tonight I realized with a chuckle that I was pondering discussions that I've recently had with my parents as I edited that picture.

I'm dreaming of snow.

Within my daydreams and within my night-dreams. There are dreams of snow.

And, when I speak of snow I don't simply mean the real white stuff falling from the sky. In some ways, it is symbolic. I'm awaiting with anticipation, prayer, and thoughtfulness to see how this year unfolds. I'm dreaming of all the special snow moments that God is currently and has planned to rain down on me. I'm dreaming of the possibility of a single snow flake gently landing within the palm of my hand in God's perfect timing.

Today is the second day of 2012 and already there have been precious memories made, heart checks, precious times with my Daddy God, poetry written, journal pages filled, and lessons learned. This year is off to a wonderful start. And, I'm allowing myself to dream of snow.

So, self, dream of snow. But, most of all, live as He leads and trust in His timing. And, remember Philipians 2:3-4,

"3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." (ESV)


Are you excited about the newness of this year?
How may I be praying for you?

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. The snow looks so real in those photos! Very pretty!! :)

    I am glad that 2012 is off to a great start for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! =)

    I hope the year is off to a great start for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!