Monday, December 19, 2011

When in need of a white elephant gift...

Hello everyone!

I hope you are having a Magnificent Monday! Over this past weekend my youth group and I enjoyed a festive white elephant gift exchange. We each brought silly and ridiculous gifts. There were many creative gifts (and wrappings) such as a giant plush monkey hidden inside a large clear bag of packing peanuts, a cheese head hat, and a book on the history of flatulence. (Doesn't the word flatulence in place of other descriptive words make the concept a little less awkward? haha) All in all, it was great fun!

I went home with Ramen noodles, but I also got to bring home the pretty ribbon that was around the wrapping. Hooray for pretty ribbons!



As I thought about what to bring I thought I would give a bag of random items. As I began putting random little items into a bag, I thought, "Something is missing..." So, what did I do? I wrote a poem of course!

I thought I would share the poem here and possibly bring a bit of extra cheer to your Monday.


White Elephant Gift

Here is a compass for helping you know which way to go.
Here is a post card to write about your travels abroad.
Here is a trophy for all the things you learn from the tomorrows.
And, a flower to show proudly upon your returning arrival.

If you ever yearn for an adventure,
Just read this poem and look upon this stash,
Then let your imagination transport you in a dash,
To the far off land or sea,
And, you’ll be a world traveler through the reading of poetry!


After reading the poem the recipient found that I had included a toy compass, post card from Alaska, a mini-trophy, and a fabric flower. So, when in need of a white elephant gift...write a poem!

I hope you are enjoying your Monday and that maybe my silly bit of poetry made it even brighter. 

Simply,
Sarah
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!