Today I've been thinking about my Papa Bear (also known as Daddy).
I've been thinking about how thankful I am for him.
He loves me, tells me meaningfully that I'm beautiful, listens to me, and is a gentleman. On Monday when he was driving me to a few stores I realized that he always opens my door for me when I'm riding up front with him. Always. As I thought about, I realized that he isn't doing it to impress me. He opens doors for me because he wants to show me he cares. He isn't perfect, but he is modeling an example for things that I admire and desire in a guy.
A few (of the many things) that I admire about my Papa Bear:
1. He is considerate.
2. He is honest.
3. He doesn't degrade women and becomes upset when he hears others doing so.
4. He is a gentleman by helping carry heavy things, offering assistance to others, and opening doors for me. Not because he doesn't think I'm capable, but because he cares.
5. He is strong.
6. He isn't afraid to show his heart.
7. He loves my Momma and does his very best to make sure she knows.
(Such as spontaneously sweeping her off on a date last night.)
8. He is a protector. I know if ever there was a threat to the ones he loves that he would do everything he could to protect us.
9. He is a leader.
So, Daddy, if you are reading this, thanks for being a loving example to me.
Obviously, I'm not going to marry someone exactly like my Dad. But, there are admirable things that I see my Papa Bear living out that I'm realizing I truly desire in a future spouse.
I love my Papa Bear very much and I'm so thankful for our relationship being in such a healthy place.
Photo taken by my sister and edited by me.