Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baby hats in Papa hands...

Hello everyone!

I have a lovely treat to share with you! I just finished two precious newborn hats for my cousin and the baby that will soon be born.

For those of you who crochet I made the basics of the hats based on this simple pattern: here. Though, I didn't complete all the rounds called for and added a bit of my own edging. I created the bear ears by learning how to do a sort of half circle: here. To get the ears size I wanted I used an H hook and completed rounds one to four.  I made them both out of Vanna's Choice yarn.

I'm so happy with how they turned out and I hope the fit is positively precious!

Want to see some pictures? Great! Here you go!

First I put the hats on a large baby doll we have from when my sister and I were young. Also, my wonderful Daddy helped research the average size of a newborns head to try to get the best fit.

Here are the hats on the doll...



Then I asked my wonderful Papa Bear (my Dad) if I could take a few creative shots of his hands holding the hats. He sweetly agreed.

I must say, seeing such sweet little hats in his big manly hands was beautiful. To think that I and each of my siblings were once so small is overwhelming. Time goes by one day at a time.

Here are the creative pictures...



There you have some sweet little newborn hats to "oooo" and "awww" over. Not that I think I'm all that grand, but because little baby hats are just so sweet.

I hope you are having a nice week so far!

Simply,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. little baby hats are the cutest! :)
    & you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are precious! I've always wished I could crochet - you're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!!!

    I'm blessed by your words!

    And, Sarah of dodeline design, Lionbrand has a great free learning to crochet page. (They also have a learn to knit page too.)
    I hope if it is something you really want to learn that you'll pursue it in time. Feel free to email me if you have any questions! I'll do my best to answer them.
    Here is a link!
    http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?store=/stores/eyarn&learnToCrochet=1

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!